International General Certificate of Secondary EducationBằng phổ thông trung học quốc tế từ Anh Quốc và Thụy Sĩ
The International GCSE is an international high school diploma for children aged 14 and up who aspire to study abroad at top, globally recognized universities, especially in the U.K and Europe. Some universities in the world can accept International GCSE immediately if students have outstanding achievements. However, most of the world top universities require a higher degree than IGCSE to enter the first year of university, such as A Level, PreU Diploma, or Level 3 Diploma. So, after graduating from the IGCSE International High School, students need to learn more to get the PreU/Level 3 Diploma (from 16 years old) to have the maximum chance of getting into top universities.
The PreUniversity of Switzerland (PUS) system links the International GCSE high school curriculum with a diploma system connected with the British competency framework. Students will get two internationally recognized high school certificates from SIMI Switzerland and SIMI UK upon completion.
Differences of PUS’s International GCSE program:
IGCSE is a dual-degree program that provides two international high school diplomas from the United Kingdom and Switzerland. The curriculum is the result of a partnership between the UK’s national diploma examination system LRN and the Swiss SIMI Institute. Both organizations are institutionally and programmatically accredited.
- SIMI Swiss Institute for Undergraduates and Postgraduates is accredited by ASIC (Accreditation Service for International Schools, Universities, and Colleges) at the Premier Institute level, and the program is accredited by OTHM, ATHE, Qualifi, LRN, the UK’s national examination and certification organization according to Level accredited by Ofqual.
- Ofqual UK has authorized and recognized LRN as the national level-based examination and certification system in the United Kingdom.
Differences in tuition fee:
- Discounted tuition fees – It is equal to only 15% of tuition fees in the UK and Switzerland.
Differences in support system:
- The exclusive English language support system from PUS’s centers (PPP- Practice and Preparation Provider) help overcoming difficulties in the international learning process.
Differences in learning model:
- The extra-curricular program is designed to ensure that students can continue to study in Vietnam if they so choose, or study and work simultaneously without affecting their academic progress.
- 100% of lectures are delivered online and supplemented with practice at PPPs to increase productivity and reduces travel time.
Differences in diplomas: 2 separate diplomas from the UK and Switzerland
Upon graduation, students will obtain two international pre-university diplomas:
- LRN Level 2 Certificate and Diploma in Pre A Foundation Studies from the UK (accredited by Ofqual UK.Gov)
- PUS International General Certificate of Secondary Education (accredited by ASIC)
- Foundation English Language (*) (9 credits)
- Introduction to Mathematics (9 credits)
- Study Skills (3 credits)
- Introduction to Business (4 credits)
- Introduction to Computing (4 credits)
- Introduction to Accounting (4 credits)
- Introduction to Economics (4 credits)
- Introduction to Sociology (7 credits)
- Introduction to Hospitality (4 credits)
Learning duration and education methods:
The curriculum is designed for a minimum of 12 months of study in Switzerland or follows the Hybrid Learning model paired with practice at approved PUS and SIMI Switzerland PPP – Practice and Preparation Providers.
MBA Institute is PUS’s official partner in Vietnam, which provides academic support and testing for the program.
Applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 14 years of age
- Have completed junior high school or the international education system’s equivalent and obtained a Level 1 Diploma/First Diploma.
English language requirements:
- English proficiency meets or exceeds CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference) level B1 or its equivalent.
- In the absence of an English certificate, PreUniversity of Switzerland (PUS) and its exclusive partner in Vietnam (MBA Institute) will administer an internal English test to each candidate and evaluate their performance.
Note: PreUniversity of Switzerland (PUS) reserves the right to approve a student’s application based on the requirements of the accrediting body and the global acceptance standards of PUS and SIMI Switzerland..
PreUniversity of Switzerland is a member of the SIMI Swiss Institute, which is accredited both at institutional level by ASIC and at programmatic level by institutions accredited by Ofqual UK.
Because the program and degrees obtained are thoroughly recognized by reputable universities, graduates are confident in their ability to continue their study and can easily transfer to prestigious education systems.
Accreditation of LRN Level 2 Certificate and Diploma in Pre A Foundation Studies
The LRN Level 2 Certificate and Diploma in Pre A Foundation Studies is a degree in the UK’s national qualifications system, and is equivalent to GCSE – grades A*; O level – grades A, B, or C; and Level 2 NVQ.
The LRN Level 2 Certificate and Diploma in Pre A Foundation Studies is accredited by Ofqual UK and contains an accreditation code: No. 603/5692/3
Accreditation of PUS International General Certificate for Secondary Education Switzerland
PreUniversity of Switzerland (PUS) is the pre-university system of the Swiss Institute of Management and Innovation (SIMI Swiss). SIMI Swiss is an institute providing undergraduate and postgraduate education with accreditation from ASIC UK at institutional level (the highest level of accreditation – Premier Institute) accreditation for each stage of the program under the UK national education system as well as a number of other accreditations.
Please refer to page “Accreditation and Recognition” for more information about SIMI Swiss accreditation and recognition.
International General Certificate for Secondary Education of PUS is a dual degree program. Students are able to obtain 2 separate high school diplomas with full accreditation and recognition from the UK and Switzerland.
- Level 2 Diploma Pre A Foundation Studies (accredited by Ofqual UK.Gov) issued by LRN
- International General Certificate for Secondary Education (accredited by ASIC) issued by PUS.
LRN Level 2 Certificate and Diploma in Pre A Foundation Studies
LRN Level 2 Certificate and Diploma in Pre A Foundation Studies is a qualification under the UK’s national qualifications system that is not only recognized by the UK government but also globally.
LRN Level 2 Certificate and Diploma in Pre A Foundation Studies, level and number of credits:
- Level 2 according to the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)
- Number of credits: 48
The following table details the levels, durations, accreditation codes, and criteria for the LRN Level 2 Certificate and Diploma in Pre A Foundation Studies:
|Mô tả chương trình|
|Mã kiểm định Ofqual||603/5692/3|
|Khung năng lực Level UK||RQF|
|Thời gian đào tạo tối thiểu||18 Tháng|
|Tổng số tín chỉ (Credits)||48 Credits|
|Tổng thời gian học tập||480 Hours|
|Tổng thời gian học có người hướng dẫn||240 Hours|
|Ngôn ngữ đào tạo||Tiếng Anh|
|Đơn vị đào tạo||Do Level UK kiểm định và cấp phép|
|Đơn vị khảo thí||PreUniversity of Switzerland|
|Đơn vị cấp bằng||LRN Vương Quốc Anh|
The equivalent recognition of the LRN Level 2 Certificate and Diploma in Pre A Foundation Studies with diploma systems and levels of other education systems around the world:
|Level||Khung văn bằng||Bằng cấp tương ứng|
|2||Khung văn bằng của Anh Quốc (RQF)||Vocational & Technical Qualifications,
GCSE at grade A*-C and grade 9-4,
Functional Skills (England),
Essential Skills Qualification (NI)
|5||Khung văn bằng của Scotland (SCQF)||National 5,
|N/A||Khung văn bằng của Ireland||Level 4 Certificate,
|3||Khung văn bằng của Châu Âu (EQF)||PreU in some universities|
|3||Khung văn bằng Châu Úc (AQF)||Certificate III|
|3||Khung văn bằng Châu Phi (ACQF)||Certificate III|
|3||Khung văn bằng ASEAN (ARQF)||Level 3 Diploma|
International General Certificate for Secondary Education from PUS Switzerland
In addition to the Level 2 Certificate and Diploma in Pre A Foundation Studies under the UK National Qualifications Framework (accredited by Ofqual UK.Gov), students also gain a International General Certificate of Secondary Education from PreUniversity of Switzerland.
After finishing the International General Certificate of Secondary Education with a dual degree, students may continue their education at Level 3 Diploma / A Level Diploma / PreU Diploma or Year 1 of some universities (excluding SIMI Switzerland). To be enrolled in the first year of SIMI Switzerland, applicants must hold a Level 3 Diploma, A Level Diploma, or PreU Diploma from a system of education that has been accredited and recognized. The following table shows the development path after program completion:
|Level||Khung năng lực||Bằng cấp tương ứng|
|3||Level UK (RQF)||A level
access to higher education diploma
international Baccalaureate diploma
level 3 diploma
level 3 ESOL
level 3 national certificate
level 3 national diploma
level 3 NVQ
music grades 6, 7 and 8
|6||Level tại Scotland (SCQF)||Higher, Awards, Skills for Work Higher
Modern Apprenticeship Foundation Apprenticeship SVQ
|N/A||Đào tạo Đại học Anh Quốc (FHEQ)||N/A|
|4||Level Châu Âu (EQF)||Level 4 Vocational Qualifications
Higher National Certificate (HNC)
|4||Level Châu Úc (AQF)||Certificate IV|
|5||Level Châu Phi (ACQF)||National Certificates
(Further Education and Training)
|3||Level ASEAN (ARQF)||National Certificates|
PreUniversity of Switzerland (PUS) trợ phí cho sinh viên quốc tịch Việt Nam từ 80% đến 95% căn cứ vào hồ sơ ứng tuyển. Lưu ý số lượng có hạn và đăng ký trước xét trước.
Điện thoại: 0901.405.405 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org